Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bella• St. Bernard at 9 months in first week of board & train


Blockquote

Bella is a very playful St. Bernard that I had the pleasure to work with for a week in board and train. She has good food and ball drive. At first she was a little shy but soon wanted me to take her out every time she saw me. We started in the Canine College where I also hold obedience and rally classes. She caught on quickly so we were able to spend time socializing and desensitizing around our 6 plus acre facility. We practiced in the courtyard with dogs barking and being walked. We worked in the main building which is full of people working, dropping off dogs to stay in the hotel, or into grooming department. I asked Bella to "sit" or "down" and watch the cats play in the Young at Heart shelter in our lobby. Being able to practice in real life situations builds confidence in the dogs I'm working around strangers and new things and a lot of fears and aggression goes out the window as they learn manners and increase thresholds in social situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash