Thursday, October 7, 2010

More George

I was so happy to have George back a Boston Terrier in for a visit.  I always get some intense pictures of him as I control the games with food.  He has strong food drive which helps to get him through difficulty.  In the previous post he is looking at a dog in my office.  This may be easy for some dogs but can be problematic with George.  I like to redirect which tends to lessen the degree of  distraction.  Want to sit close and be getting treats and playing food games while getting petted or shall we walk away, calm you down and work back here before you get more praise.

While Jen shot the video for me she said, "it looks like a magic trick." I call it the reappearing food.  It looks cool.  One time, "off" for  all of  the food and then he must wait for, "take it" before he can take each additional piece that pops up from my hand.  Now Here we are using this trick while a cat watches with envy.

Thanks Bryan and Anna and I hope to see you in class.  Tuesday night at 7pm or Saturday morning at 10am.  Rally could be fun.  There is one dog on the course at a time.  The Rally Class is Saturday at 11am.  There is a Halloween Party here at Best Friends on October 30 from 10am until 4pm.  There will be a Level 1 Rally Obedience Course  and  a ZOOM Course to try at 12-1pm.

Watch Jazzy ZOOM on my post Oct 2 or see some Rally Demo and Sign sample exercises on  June 18th post performed by some Rally dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash