Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poblem Solving

  Buddy R. is a Yorkie who has spent some time with me in Board and Train, had some private lessons with his mom, and even come to some group classes.  He has played with my dog Pflash.  He is like a friend of the family.  When he comes to the Dog Park he has some issues with the mowing.  Well his mom was out of town a few days and requested that I spend some time on Tuesday working when the landscapers are here helping to resolve this problem. So of course here we are out in the field watching the mower go by.
Then of course we watch the guy with the trimmer and then finish with some more calmer work watching the mower go by again.

Now here comes George H. a Boston Terrier with some aggressive problems when around other dogs.  I try to set up controllable situations so I can guide the dog through what otherwise would be difficult.  Here we are outside of my office and there are some visitors.  The more we can have positive experiences rather than the usual outbursts we begin to change the norm.  Time, patience and calm repetitions is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash