Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Allan Ross Dog Training • Moses, Ball Drive

I start by stimulating prey drive & transfer this natural
drive into ball drive. I stimulate, then throw, then teach
it's fun to bring it back. I believe
when you control the games, you control the dog.

At first it may look as though I'm playing with Moses,
but actually I'm stimulating then using the Kong on a rope
as a motivational tool to reward and get Moses to
enthusiastically work for me.

Moses,a Portuguese Water Dog came to me at about a year old with very little training at about 3 months. I began in the Canine College working on foundation obedience. We bonded and I worked with food at first. He was a very quick learner that did not come with much baggage. It was easy to transfer play drive into ball drive. Top trainers know this is the way to produce the best working dogs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash