Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cathi O. has a Rally good APDT weekend in Omaha Saturday & Sunday 2/20 & 2/21/10

As a trainer I am very proud of what my students can accomplish. Cathi has taken Jazzy and Lefty from my basic, intermediate and advanced obedience classes into the APDT Rally Obedience sport. At the end of last year Cathi entered 2 trials and did so well she and Jazzy made it to the APDT National Rankings and brought home lots of ribbons. There are people that compete and have a hard time passing let alone winning. Cathi attributes her success to my group classes. I have even started a Rally Obedience class on Saturday morning at 11 a.m.
This weekends results:
(2/20/10-2/21/10)
Level 1- Jazzy
210/210 2nd place

204/210 1st place

205/210 1st place

209/210 1st place

Level 2- Jazzy
201/210 2nd place

196/210 1st place

193/210 2nd place


Level 1- Lefty

190/210

203/210 2nd place

195/200 4th place

200/210 3rd place
Not bad for Cathi's Box-Cat rescue that started out with all types of baggage. Poorly socialized and afraid of men. I always feel best helping the dogs that came with the most baggage.









Also congratulations to Cathi and Jazzy who also earned a CD-H from St. Hubert's CDSP

* ARCHX Jazzy, CD-H, RL2X(AOE),RL1X(AOE), CGC *
The bottom line is that it is fun to win ribbons and trophies but it is more important that your dog will listen to you. Your dog should come when they are called and walk without pulling. Being a responsible dog owner includes the time teaching them its your world and they are in it. They should greet friends the way you guide them to. When I see a dog act poorly I watch to see what the handler does to prevent or deal with it. Time, patience and calm repetitions is key to having the partner you want to spend life with. I know not everyone has the timing, patience or coordination to train a dog. That's why I offer Board and Train. I build the car and when you pick up I teach you how to drive. If you practice your dog will listen to you too. Cathi also takes some private lessons. Competition is fun but not for everyone. People are responsible for teaching some important basics and then using those techniques to control their dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash