Thursday, June 3, 2010

Maddie• A 9 month Cocker Spaniel


Maddie C. worked with me for 2 weeks in Board & Train. She is a 9 month Cocker Spaniel. I watched her learn obedience that started in the Canine College and progressed to working over the whole complex. I could see how excited as we were about to leave and go outside. We would practice long sits at doors that were closed at first then open. I would watch as she listens to birds and other sounds and scents as I maintain and praise her just being able to sit still with all this stimulus. This is using the obedience she has just learned to be able to then absorb while in a calm state of mind. Doors have been something to explode through so this is a great place to draw the line and practice Maddie following me. If I cannot control her here I won't have better results in the dog park. I want to practice in areas that get her more praise and fewer corrections to comply with my wishes. This is just the start and needs to be reinforced daily at home along with practicing in group which would be less stimulating each session.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash