Monday, August 16, 2010

Look Ma' No hands!

Look Ma' No hands! I just had Cinco G., a 10 month Golden Retriever, for only 2 training sessions over the weekend. It was really hard to keep his nose off the ground but with some practice he caught on quick. Here we are in the lobby of  Best Friends Pet Care. I'm walking with the leash over my shoulder. He makes 2 about turns without a reminder tug, and sits automatically as I stop without saying, "sit".

I hope to see his family so I can show them how I work with Cinco.  Hopefully after they practice they will sign him up for the group obedience class which is a great place to practice or perfect the skills with the distraction of other dogs. 

There are three ways to get into my intermediate class.  The easiest is Board and Train.  I compare this to building a car.  I build the car and when you pickup I'll teach you how to drive.  I begin in quiet areas to bond and teach basic skills.  We then perfect in stimulating areas which are abundant on our 6 acre facility. 

The second is private lessons.  Sometimes we can work together to train your dog.  It is a little easier than group classes which have more distractions; which is a good thing when you and your dog are ready. 

The last is to attend my 8 week Basic class.  In the first classes you learn how to bond and guide your dog so by the end we are able to work all together as a class.  If you need we can schedule a private along the way if you think it might help.  If you have taken classes elsewhere give me a call or stop in and show me what you and your dog can do.  Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash