Monday, August 23, 2010

Newest Rally Obedience student, Daizee

Here she is the youngest prospect for Rally Obedience in her first visit to the Canine College.  Daizee is a 9 week old Great Pyrenees who came to visit the Canine College where she will learn to love the game of obedience.  She followed Onslow her Goldendoodle brother into the room after going potty outside.  She came in with her head up her tail wagging and willing to take food.  Food is a barometer of stimulus and stress. 

I had Daizee come to me several times.  I would call her and run backwards then kneel down.  She was not afraid to follow me all around the new room. It is important for survival that puppies have a strong food drive.  This can help the trainer to bond and to motivate a young dog.

After practicing recalls a bunch of times she was comfortable walking with me around the room. I tried to keep her in the heel position on my left side then suddenly backed up and called her to me. In Rally Obedience we refer to this maneuver as a Call to Front.
Make sure to follow Daizee the Great Pyrenees through her Rally Obedience adventure right here on my blog. Her mom Sue predicts she will be one of the top APDT Rally Obedience dogs in the country. I'm here to make this wish come true. Good Luck, Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pflash